A little something to snack on while you’re slaving over your Thanksgiving feast.
This popcorn brings a unique twist on all the Fall flavors, and it’s perfect for snacking. The kids and I snacked on it while watching a movie, but really it could be gobbled up anytime, day or night.
I bought a small bag of Seneca Dried Green Apple Chips which gave the sweet caramel corn a bit of a tart kick to it. I think it would also be good with a sweeter apple as well…because really, sweet on sweet isn’t bad either.
Caramel Apple Popcorn
(adapted from Quick Dish)
12 cups popped popcorn
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tbsp butter
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
nutmeg, dash (optional)
cinnamon, dash (optional)
1 small pkg. dried apple chips
1/4 cup nuts (optional)
1. Place popped popcorn in a large bowl, set aside.
2.In a medium size microwave safe bowl, combine brown sugar, light corn syrup, salt and butter. Microwave for 1 minute or just until butter is melted, stir together.
3. Return bowl to microwave again and cook for 2 more minutes, stir, then cook 2 more minutes.
4. Add baking soda, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon, stir until mixed.
5. Quickly pour caramel over popcorn and stir, making sure to combine all popcorn and caramel.
6. Pour in apple chips and nuts, breaking into smaller bite size pieces, and toss together.